Thursday 26 March 2009

tears

Without any particular reason I have suddenly remembered the three men I have seen crying. Well, maybe not crying, but dropping some tears. The first one was really crying, though, just like a baby... His mother told him that she was allergic and they wouldn't be able to keep the cat. And he burst into tears. I was eight or nine, I think... and yet I clearly remember it. I was in love with the boy and my heart leapt.
The next one was older than me but looked like a teenager. We were interviewing him for the documentary. He was speaking about his youth, his drug addiction and HIV and then about his fears, and the girl who left him when she had found out about the infection. Nobody was looking at him except for L., the director, so that he would look her in the eyes. But I was the only one who understood what he was saying because he was speaking Russian. His voice was trembling. And then there was a pause. I didn't look up at first but he wouldn't start speaking again, so I glanced at him and saw tears running down his cheeks... We all looked away not to embarrass him... But this was one of the most intense moments... Strangely enough, I wanted to kiss him...
The third one... I can't speak about the third one... There were only a couple of tears, but I got so frightened as if the skies were falling on us. I loved him even more after that.
I've been told about other men crying, but thank god, I haven't seen it. My heart would not be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment