Monday 16 March 2009

to begin with

I've been thinking about starting a new blog for quite a long time... and it seems that the day has come. It's not that I'm cheating on my good old liveinternet diary (because I do call it diary), but I want this one to be different, to be non-Russian to begin with. I don't know the exact reason why I'm doing it... I guess I'm partly inspired by other people whose blogs I follow (;-)), and partly... by Hank Moody... yes, yes, I've been watching Californication for a couple of days and it seems that I'm getting addicted. There are only two things that I don't like about it - I feel a strong desire to use foul language (especially thinking about my so-called research paper, which is nothing but a piece of s**t) and now my inner voice vaguely resembles American accent... Anyway, another reason is that I've been thinking about what Larry said... that being translators we are not obliged to write, of course, but, speaking about translating into English, we could use a simpler and at the same time more elegant language...So, this is a chance to pratiquer la langue as well.
Good luck to me! Ecco mi qua!
P.S. I almost forgot - whoever may read this blog, please, don't be too critical! English is not my mother tongue after all)
P.P.S. but I don't mind being corrected;-)

3 comments: